Tofu Buddha Bowl with Cashew Cream Sauce
This Amazing Buddha Bowl – A hearty, nutritious and flavor packed bowl with sauteed cabbage, crispy air-fried tofu, roasted broccoli, roasted carrots and the best cashew cream sauce you will ever taste!
4 Servings, 30 minutes
Sauteed Cabbage 1 small head green cabbage
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Roasted Carrots and Broccoli 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
1 pound broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Tofu Marinade: 16oz. Tofu, Personally I like extra firm
4 tbsp coconut aminos, or soy sauce of choice
3 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp dried ground ginger
1 tsp garlic, fresh or dried
Cashew Cream Sauce:
1/2 cup cashew butter
1/2 cup filter water
1/3 cup coconut aminos, or soy sauce of choice
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1. Marinate the tofu: Cut the tofu into cubes. Place them evenly on a flat surface such as a cutting board lined with paper towels or a clean towel. Press the tofu firmly until all the water is drained out of the tofu.
2. In a small bowl, combine all marinade ingredients.
3. Place the pressed tofu pieces in a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the tofu. Let it marinate for at least 1 hour, covered, in the refrigerator. If you want to leave it overnight, it will be even more flavorful.
4. Preheat the oven the convection roast 425 degrees F.
5. Make the Cabbage: cut the cabbage in half and slice as thin as possible.
6. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once pan is hot, add cabbage
and season with sea salt and ground pepper. Saute for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage becomes tender and starts to brown.
7. While the cabbage is cooking, roast the carrots and broccoli.
8. Place the chopped carrots and broccoli in a medium size bowl. Mix in olive oil and spread out evening on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Place in the preheated oven and cook for about 25 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
9. Remove the cabbage from heat and place to the side. While the vegetables are roasting, take out the marinated tofu and bake in the air-fryer for 10 - minutes at 400 degree F or in the oven for 10-15 minutes, flipping the tofu half-way through cooking. Cooking time may vary depending on oven- may cook longer for a more crispy consistency or shorter for a more spongy texture.
10. Make the Cashew Cream Sauce: add all ingredients to a bowl. Mix with a whisk or fork until smooth. May add more liquid to achieve desired consistency.
11. Build your bowl! Start with the sauteed cabbage on the bottom, top with roasted vegetables and tofu, then drench with cashew cream sauce!
No Cashew butter: swap for peanut butter or favorite nut butter (or nut free alternative)
No coconut aminos: use low sodium soy sauce
Don't like carrots or broccoli? No problem! Swap with your favorite veggies.
Don't like cabbage? That's ok! Use brown rice, white rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice as the base.